Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Jane Latus Emmert - Paintings - The Purple Pomegranate

The Purple Pomegranate, a fine craft specialty store, is featuring work by Whitefish artist Jane Latus Emmert during the month of July. Jane Latus Emmert’s nickname is MontanaJane because she hikes, paints & fishes in the Montana wilderness.   She is a continual explorer, oil painting with brushes & palette knives in her studio or outside on-site early in the morning to capture the golden glow of the morning sky. 

 Emmert says, “When I paint, my heart sings.  Color, texture and the golden glow of morning light inspire me.  I hike; hunt, paint and fish in northwest Montana and my paintings reflect the freedom and openness in my life.   My friends call me MontanaJane and I think it fits because the woods, the water and the wilderness tantalize me with the feel of the wind, the smell of the pines and the play of sunlight and shadows.  Art is my voice and so, my paintings sing with joy.  Collectors say my art allows them to travel back in time to the days when life moved at a gentler pace in the Land of the Big Sky.”

As a workshop instructor, Emmert shares her knowledge with others around the United States and through her teaching videos.    You can frequently find her painting beside a waterfall or creek in Glacier National Park because she loves the freedom of the dancing water.  Emmert says, “When painting a river or stream, I frequently see fish rise in a feeding frenzy, so I’ll rapidly capture the scene before me and then get out my fly rod and catch a fish.  I don’t know if I’m an artist who fishes or a fly fisherwoman who paints!  I do know that color, texture, and the wilderness define who I am as an artist. 

Meet Jane during Whitefish Gallery Night, Friday, July 5, 2013 from 6-9 PM. Jane’s work will be displayed during the opening and throughout the month of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We'd love to hear what you have to say about our artists and Whitefish Gallery Nights.